Benchmark – Major Counseling Theories Presentation (Obj. 8.1 and 8.2)
Throughout the course, you have studied and written about several counseling theories that are used in the counseling profession. In this PowerPoint presentation, select one counseling theory you see yourself being most effective in, and create a 7-10-slide presentation that includes the following:
- The founding theorists and a description of how the theory was developed
- Major concepts for selected theory
- Standard interventions for selected theory
- How you personally identify with the concepts of this theory
- How you can grow as a counseling student to use this theory most effectively by the time you reach practicum
- Strengths and limitations when applying this theory to diverse client populations
- Select three dispositions from the GCU Counselor Dispostions or the Professional Dispositions of Learners documents, and explain how this theory can help you utilize these concepts in your personal counseling approach.
Include the ACA or ASCA Code of Ethics and six scholarly references beyond the course textbook in your presentation.
Title slide and reference slide are not included in the slide count. Include speaker notes below each content-related slide that represent what would be said if giving the presentation in person. Expand upon the information included in the slide and do not simply restate it. Please ensure the speaker notes include a minimum of 150 words.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.