The purpose of this assignment is to use health care economics to assist in developing a financial plan to support the viability of your health care organization.
Imagine that your CFO has asked you to present a high-level financial overview to the other administrators using the information found in the organization’s annual report (found in the study material, “Unity Health Care 2017 Annual Report”). Prepare a PowerPoint presentation of 12-15 slides (not including title and reference slides), that includes the following:
- Where does the company stand financially?
- How do the components of the health care finance system interact to provide the results you are given?
- Discuss the short-run and long-run costs of production. How do they fit into your overview?
- Include a supply curve on one of your slides. Discuss how you determined which factors affected the position of the supply curve.
- Develop a financial plan to support the viability of your organization.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
MPA Health Care Management
4.3: Analyze how components of the health care finance system interact with each other.
MBA Health Systems Management
5.1: Develop financial plans to support the viability of health care organizations.