The specific/ethnic population – Hispanic ethnic population.
Health problem – Reproductive and sexual health for women of childbearing age (15 to 44 years).
- You will complete a Poster reflecting the concepts of transcultural nursing related to the assessment, reflect on learning, and describe how you will utilize that learning in future nursing practice.
- Poster contents include:
- Cultural Community – This section should briefly in clear/concise bullet points include the approved specific culture/ethnic population, the rationale for selection, cultural/ethic need within your area, clinical practice, or community, and describe the approved health issue from your chosen cultural population.
- Health Issue – This section should describe briefly in clear/concise bullet points on how the health issue is based on the Leading Health Indicator (LHI) priorities from Healthy People. Describe the reason why the health issue was selected and why it is important to focus on this health issue.
- Clinical Impact – This section should include clear/concise bullet points on how this content can be related to clinical practice in general. Also, make sure to include how it impacts your area, clinical practice, or community.
- Best Practice Tips – This section should include clear/concise bullet points on key knowledge from the scholarly resources and educational information related to best practices, including potential ethical issues or conflicts with care. Please make sure to not stereotype a cultural/ethnic group.
- References – Provide APA references from two peer-reviewed scholarly professional nursing journal articles related to your nursing issue, cultural focus and/or health indicator. Articles must be published within the last five (5) years.